At Poppies the children have the opportunity to visit Denlethan Woods weekly.
One of our Senior Early Years Practitioners has her accreditation with the North East of Scotland Learning Group. She holds her forest school leadership. Forest School is a long term programme visiting an outdoor space on a regular and frequent basis. Forest School is about exploring and experiencing the natural world through play and practical activities. The children go into the woods in all weathers, all year round, exploring and learning about the woodland environment and seasonal changes.
The Forest School adventures provide opportunities to develop self-esteem, self-confidence, to work and play independently and as a team, develop awareness of their own and others emotional needs, learn to cooperate and to assess and take risks within safety boundaries.
The children will have the chance to develop:
- Motor skills as they balance and climb
- Practical skills as they work with tools
- Confidence as they tackle new challenges
- Social skills
- Language and communication
- Motivation and concentration
- For more information on Forest School go to http://www.forestschoolassociation.org/what-is-forest-school/